Martinex1: It is the first day of the week and time for reviews, previews, and recommendations. Please share your own related suggestions and insights in the comments. Let's get started with a few of our favorite Sunday comic strips...
THIS PAST WEEK: We covered a wide array of topics over the past six days, including comic house ads, views of current culture from a Bronze perspective, our first comic purchases, covers with watery depictions, various 45s, and favorite ice cream concoctions. This is definitely the age of diverse conversations!
JUST AROUND THE CORNER: Redartz and I have plenty of topics in store for you, so get ready for posts about Jazzy Johnny Romita, comic convention preparation, early employment experiences, and much more. And in April look for a review of the Canadian super-team Alpha Flight.
RECOMMENDATIONS: I recently said that I enjoyed the Netflix Marvel series. And at the time I had only viewed a couple of the Iron Fist shows. I've now completed the Iron Fist run, and though it was not horrible it also was the worst of the series and seasons thus far. It had a lot of gaps in the storyline and quite a few motivations and revelations that really did not add up in retrospect. The lead actor was okay, but was greatly outdone by some of the supporting characters and talent. The best episodes were the sixth and eighth which had some decent plot developments and fun action. These high points included kung fu action with a few skilled killers and a "drunken master." I thought perhaps it was picking up some steam in the middle there, but it really went down hill toward the end. Some villains were really complex and others were shallow and one-note. The actor that played Ward Meachum was quite good. Overall, it was interesting for me as a Marvel fan, but it was also understandable why it wasn't universally praised. I only give Iron Fist 2.5 Bronze Medallions. Daredevil and Jessica Jones were much better. The bar is set relatively high with those.
Enjoy your Sunday and let us know what you are thinking; the comment sections are always open!





0 Yorumlar