Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Life: Friday Ramblings

 

I'm in love with...
...my new plant!  A plant I had for over eight years recently met its demise.  It was taken over by fungus gnats and wasn't able to recover.  I was way more upset about this than I should have been.  To cheer me up, my husband surprised me with a Calathea Wavestar plant.  The leaves are velvety, it flowers in season, and the leaves have this funky shape to them.  While I haven't named my new plant yet, I am in love with it!

Feel free to send...
...recommendations to name my new plant!  It's the one on the right in case my description above wasn't clear enough.

We're looking forward to...
...our trip upstate to go snow tubing.  It should be a fun few days to escape everything that's been going on over here.  We already took down our snow gear from the attic and are preparing to bring all the necessities that we forgot the last time (link).

I was shocked when...
...we were hit with an actual blizzard last weekend!  We were hearing the reports of a bomb cyclone heading our way, but when it turned blizzard status, we were a bit shook.  Living in Islip Terrace, we got over two feet of snow.  It's been years since I've seen anything like it on Long Island.  Instead of complaining about it which we did do a lot of, we tried to enjoy it.  We used the time to continue the repairs in the basement and cook a gigantic pot of homemade turkey soup.

My poor baby boy lost his...
...snow boot in the snow!  After spending a good 15 minutes bundling him up, Prince Charming took one step onto the stoop and lost his boot.  My daughter and I spent over 20 minutes with rolling pins and barbecue tongs poking at the snow to try and find the missing boot.  By the time my daughter found it, it was soaked through.  Long story short, he didn't get to play in the snow but he did get to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate with mommy.

What are your Friday ramblings?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar