Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Lutzen, Bautzen and Snowin'

Updates have been slow, but it's mainly because most of what I've been doing is painting soldiers and remodeling our upstairs bathroom. Now that the bathroom is complete, I hope to do more hobby work, which means more updates.
I've probably got about 10 French infantry units done now, along with 7-8 artillery batteries and five cavalry units. I've almost finished off the last of the troops I have on hand, which means I'll place another order soon.

We've had a lot of snow here in Northern Ohio the past few weeks, so it's given me plenty of time to read up on the battles of Lutzen, Bautzen and the campaign of 1813. I've got a good scenario planned out -- which will help shape my future troop purchases. It's basically Marshal Marmont's motley corps (marine units, conscripts and a few lonely lancers) vs. a combined Russian and Prussian corps under Kleist (swarms of jagers, some guns, hussars and lots of cossacks). The French have numbers, but the allies have terrain and a lot more cavalry. It should be interesting, but I'm going to need a lot more troops, namely the French naval units and Russian jagers.

I hope to figure out what I need in the next few days and get the order off so I can keep painting.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar