Been feeling like a kid again since trying out the army painter last night. I have the day off and have spent most of it decorating (and if the wife asks that is what I have been doing all day ;0). The past hour I gave in and managed to finish off my four Saxon test figures for the Prinz Clemens.
Big apology right out for the poor pictures, I will get that sorted over the coming months. Just wanted to say how pleased I am with my wee guys.
I decided to go with the Foundry Austrian white mid tone to repaint the uniform after AP and I am happy with that and then a final little highlight with the light white (you can't really make it out from my pics).
I will have to be more careful with my base coats as the army painter doesn't seem to be as forgiving on 15mm Naps. Not sure if it makes any difference at all to highlighting the flesh again after using the AP? I highlighted the cheek bones, nose etc of this officer ut he looks exactly like the others who didn't get the highlight. Also forgot to highlight the officers hat and boots with dark grey.
Also I think I will go down a shade for the sword blades and epaulettes etc so as my final highlight stands out better. Woodwork I will do the opposite and go lighter as the AP works best on them.
Still not sure 100% about my green for this regiment and trying to dull it down after the AP isn't so easy (something for me to think about). Really important to file/cut away any cast lines as they would stand out a mile with the AP.
Overall, very happy with my test and I recon if the figures are prepared and based up ready to paint I think I could get a battalion AP'd in a day and maybe finish it off the next (basing would another story though).
Now all I have to do is find a day!!!
A huge thanks to everyone who has took the interest to check out my blog over the past year and to all the new folk who have followed it. Great to know there are loads of people who have a similar interest in Naps. And again thanks to all your comments!!!
Now all I have to do is find a day!!!

0 Yorumlar