We are at 9*F this morning. Yesterday was a nasty, nasty day. We had rain, then ice, then 40-50 mph winds and white out snow. Not a lot of accumulation here, but you literally couldn't see the houses across the alley last night for a couple hours. Our high today will be 15*, and frigid cold for a couple days.
We actually had warm enough temps this week to melt last weekends snow! Mid to upper 30's can do a lot - plus one day was all day rain.
The sun is shining this morning which is glorious - I have missed my old friend!!!
I pray you are all safe and warm - I know the weather is bad across a big part of the nation. Those of you in the southern hemisphere stay cool!
I just cant help but think about the homeless population during this nasty weather. It breaks my heart.
We are each so blessed compared to so many. Make sure to say thanks today!
It has been a very quiet week. Not a lot going on at all.
My frugal week:
- Made a dozen hard boiled eggs
- First part of the week - more free exercise with shoveling
- Made a big bowl of bean/pea salad with ingredients I had on hand. Wanted something different
- Made cinnamon rolls
- Used some stale buns for garlic toast
- G's Aunt & Uncle came for a visit and they brought 2 bags of jerky for us (YUM)
- I got my gifted copy of Martha Stewarts Living magazine and it had a 20% off coupon in it for Bed bath & Beyond (good till March)
- NO grocery shopping again this week.
- Fried chicken and made extra which will be used in a meal tonight (in a new way)
- Just doing all the regular things - made up a new bottle of shampoo and one of dish soap, have used Soda Stream with added fruit juice, made iced tea, cooking from scratch, staying home, etc.
Meals this past week:
Chicken tenders, corn casserole and salad
Pizza pasta casserole
Baked fish, oven fries and slaw
Ham/cream cheese/veggie roll-ups
Small pot of cheesy potato soup and garlic toast
Taco salad
Fried chicken breast and bean salad
Leftovers eaten for lunches or breakfast
How have you all been fairing this past week? Are you staying on track with your spending or not spending? Any good deals?
Prayers for health, happiness for you all in this coming week.. Life can change in an instant and I pray you each hug and love as often as possible. Have no regrets!
Blessings from our humble home to yours.

0 Yorumlar