Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Traditional Holiday Table - Holiday Tablescape Blog Hop

Hello everyone. I hope you enjoyed a wonderful holiday weekend with family and friends.  As we say goodbye to Thanksgiving, the Christmas fun begins in our home.  Time to bring out all the holiday decorations and to begin planning for all the holiday gatherings with family and friends.

With the holidays in mind, I am excited to be joining a group of very talented bloggers that Chloe of Celebrate & Decorate has brought together for this fun blog hop focusing on inspiration for your holiday table.  If you are visiting my blog for the first time, I welcome you to Rosemary & Thyme! Please feel free to browse.  It won't be long before you discover that I have a passion for setting a pretty table and Christmas is the perfect time to set our tables with our finest.   

Today, I am sharing a table using traditional Christmas colors of red, green and white with accents in silver to that give it a more festive.



My inspiration came from these adorable plaid ornaments that I found in Michael's a few weeks ago. I knew they were going to play an important role on my holiday table and since I have been wanting to stick to a traditional holiday palette lately, they were the perfect find.  

  





The table begins with a white linen tablecloth while a red and white table runner and placemats add a pop of color.  Typical white plates with a dotted pattern take center stage.  I added a simple white linen napkin trimmed in red.  I then placed some fresh greenery on one side of the dinner plate and placed the plaid ornament inside the soup bowl to bring it all together.













For a centerpiece, I used a glittery and delicate reindeer which is pleasantly nestled on top of fresh holidays greens and adorned with a few pretty ornaments.










Simple glassware holding sparkling wine with a few fresh cranberries and a sprig of rosemary add color and a festive touch to the table.








I baked a simple boxed vanilla cake and added a few fresh cranberries to the mix.  I decorated the cake with a powder sugar glaze and added home made sugared cranberries to the top and fresh greens for that festive, holiday magic that we all love during the season.


A vintage silver cake server gives my dessert a nostalgic feel.  



For ambiance, sparkle and added elegance, I used silver tone mercury glass.










I would like to thank Chloe from Celebrate & Decorate for organizing this Holiday Tablescape Blog Hop.  Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page to view all the bloggers participating.  I hope you will take the time to visit them all this week to get ideas for setting your holiday table.  Just click on the links at the bottom of my post to visit each one.  Enjoy the tour!

Thank you for joining us for the Holiday Tablescape Blog Hop.  I wish you all a blessed and happy holiday season.

Janet

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar