When the Bailey 44 column dresses were finally seeing markdowns at
Anthropologie (cap sleeved
here; tank
here; scrolled
here), it was just too hard to resist. I ordered what was available that seemed like it could fit a pregnant body without factoring in that 1. I don't really wear BRIGHT RED and 2. I don't really know if I want to "show" that much of myself. Being pregnant gives some women more body confidence than ever before because the body is doing remarkable things. But for me, on many of my more emotional days, my body feels unrecognizable. When your wardrobe is cultivated to emphasize a relatively small waist (the way the bulk of my pre-pregnancy clothes are), it can be a little disorienting to watch your waist change so much in such a relatively short time frame.
So in many ways, my Bailey 44 buy was an experiment. Incidentally, I was able to track down one of the purple versions which
I tried and reviewed a while ago. But the red went back. I'm too much of a wallflower to pull it off, pregnant or not. We'll see if I wear the purple while my stomach continues to grow. If not, I am confident it will be a great piece for next fall!
0 Yorumlar