| That rare moment the desk is really clean... |
I don't mind January if I don't have to go out on slick roads. I embrace the early darkness as a reason to get the dinner dishes soaking early (and washed quickly when the water is no longer too hot for human hands) so I can curl up on the sofa to light a candle and read or watch a favorite TV show. Victoria has taken up residence at the other end of the sofa. By the end of February, I am ready for longer days and flowers and warmer weather.
This week's My World this Week is a combination of creating and coveting (as in Stephanie's trip to England). ;)
So here is my world this past week through the lens of my camera.
Reading
Reading up for Saturday's blog post.Watching
Our local PBS station is showing The Cafe again once a week in its' late night offering. The first time I saw this, I thought it boring. But the more I watched it, the more I found it quirky and delightful.It was only on in England for two seasons and not one of their huge hits. But I like it. I like the relationships between the daughter, mother, and grandmother on the show. Those who appreciate British humor will like it. Those who don't will say, "Huh"?
Girlfriends
Stephanie is at Oxford in England at the moment. This was a selfie taken with our beautiful friend, Sarah Clarkson (who is studying at Oxford these days). I have been living vicariously through Steph's messages and photos. ;) I'll share more about her trip later but below is one of the first photos she sent.
![]() |
| Yes... the place where so much literary history happened, where The Inklings met to sip a pint and read their latest works to each other. |
Files in the Study
I was asked about the red wire file folder in my Study. About half of it is file folders holding personal and household files, the other half holds files containing over ten years worth of scrapbook journal magazine pages and cutouts.We have a tall file cabinet in the small office where I have a drawer all my own. It contains years and years worth of articles, homeschooling material, etc. I only use it for reference these days but this one I am in and out of all the time.
| I love those old fashioned Church fans so I propped a few up in the back of the basket. |
Creating
| Making the black iPad case prettier with three washi tapes. |
Washi Love
Her Fluffiness
| She helped me wrap my granddaughter's birthday gift. |
| She listened to a podcast by Sarah Clarkson with me as I "created". |
| We keep the blinds in the family room up a bit so she can view the squirrels and birdies. |
She actually photo bombed a lot this week...




0 Yorumlar