Happy Wednesday/Hump day everyone.
So far March has come in with a vengeance. Yesterday we got over six inches of snow and as the ferocious winds swirled the powdery glitter over every inch of the city, a note of SPRING was in the air.
It came in two forms for me yesterday, which I will get to in a moment. As you all know today IS the first Wednesday of the month and it's time for another segment of the Insecure Writer's Support Group or the IWSG, what we members affectionately call it. For the unfamiliar blogger, it is a group that meets on the first Wednesday of every month to VOICE concerns or offer words of wisdom to those writers who are in DISTRESS. Which covers a huge gamut ... lol.
Lately I have had concerns about when my writing journey would take a turn. For four years I have stumbled on the rocky road to publication. As we all know the road is different for all of us. Knowing I am not alone on this journey brings me great comfort. So many of us are faltering .... falling into ditches, only having to claw our way out... thankfully there is always a helping hand to YANK us out.
This week two extraordinary things happened. First a very special blogger and friend had asked me to write an exclusive cover reveal for her upcoming book. I was so honored and thrilled. Out of ALL the amazing writers in our sphere, she chose me. I can't begin to tell you how that filled my heart and gave me the lift I really needed.
The second bit of news actually began several days ago when I was nominated for Unpublished Blogger with the Most Awesome Writing Style in Misha Gericke's Pay it Forward Awards. Honestly I was shocked. Again, with so many AMAZING voices out there, I was singled out. I put the nomination in the back of my mind and thought how nice to be nominated and basically waited for the results after I voted for the talented bloggers who were nominated in various subjects.
Well, yesterday Misha dropped me a note and informed me I had won. My heart raced. ME! There had to be a mistake! I clicked onto her blog and saw my name. Dumbfounded. I was chosen first, DL Hammons, an EXCELLENT writer and blogger came in second. I shook my head in disbelief. I had never been acknowledged in this way for my writing before. I had entered so many contest with really no success. But this, I didn't enter. I was nominated and chosen by all of you. THANK YOU can not even express the gratitude I feel to all of you right now. Especially now, when I needed it most to take that NEXT STEP on my journey.
So, for all of you who are at a crossroads with YOUR writing journey, TAKE THAT NEXT STEP. We are here to keep you company and lend you that helping hand whenever you may need.
Thank you all again and I hope you a wonderful day and week. And don't forget to visit other members of the IWSG here. The ranks are GROWING....
A news worthy event takes place Tomorrow, Carrie Butler's N/A paranormal romance, STRENGTH makes its debut. SO drop by and Carrie's blog and cheer her on!
So far March has come in with a vengeance. Yesterday we got over six inches of snow and as the ferocious winds swirled the powdery glitter over every inch of the city, a note of SPRING was in the air.
It came in two forms for me yesterday, which I will get to in a moment. As you all know today IS the first Wednesday of the month and it's time for another segment of the Insecure Writer's Support Group or the IWSG, what we members affectionately call it. For the unfamiliar blogger, it is a group that meets on the first Wednesday of every month to VOICE concerns or offer words of wisdom to those writers who are in DISTRESS. Which covers a huge gamut ... lol.
Lately I have had concerns about when my writing journey would take a turn. For four years I have stumbled on the rocky road to publication. As we all know the road is different for all of us. Knowing I am not alone on this journey brings me great comfort. So many of us are faltering .... falling into ditches, only having to claw our way out... thankfully there is always a helping hand to YANK us out.
This week two extraordinary things happened. First a very special blogger and friend had asked me to write an exclusive cover reveal for her upcoming book. I was so honored and thrilled. Out of ALL the amazing writers in our sphere, she chose me. I can't begin to tell you how that filled my heart and gave me the lift I really needed.
The second bit of news actually began several days ago when I was nominated for Unpublished Blogger with the Most Awesome Writing Style in Misha Gericke's Pay it Forward Awards. Honestly I was shocked. Again, with so many AMAZING voices out there, I was singled out. I put the nomination in the back of my mind and thought how nice to be nominated and basically waited for the results after I voted for the talented bloggers who were nominated in various subjects.
Well, yesterday Misha dropped me a note and informed me I had won. My heart raced. ME! There had to be a mistake! I clicked onto her blog and saw my name. Dumbfounded. I was chosen first, DL Hammons, an EXCELLENT writer and blogger came in second. I shook my head in disbelief. I had never been acknowledged in this way for my writing before. I had entered so many contest with really no success. But this, I didn't enter. I was nominated and chosen by all of you. THANK YOU can not even express the gratitude I feel to all of you right now. Especially now, when I needed it most to take that NEXT STEP on my journey.
So, for all of you who are at a crossroads with YOUR writing journey, TAKE THAT NEXT STEP. We are here to keep you company and lend you that helping hand whenever you may need.
Thank you all again and I hope you a wonderful day and week. And don't forget to visit other members of the IWSG here. The ranks are GROWING....
A news worthy event takes place Tomorrow, Carrie Butler's N/A paranormal romance, STRENGTH makes its debut. SO drop by and Carrie's blog and cheer her on!


0 Yorumlar