Jan made quick work of creating a candy corn rock. I saw it when I headed out for the pain cave yesterday.
Not exactly what I had in mind — I was thinking along the lines of a rock with white, orange and yellow going all the way around, like candy corn, but okay.
The po po were guarding the campus parking lot today.
Made me nervous about parking, especially when I noticed student cars did have a blue sticker posted to their windshields, indicating they’d paid for parking for the month and/or a paper receipt indicating they’d paid for parking that day.
Not normally a rule breaker, I nevertheless took a chance, parked, did 4,200 steps 1.40 miles, and got away without being dragged from the car, beaten and jailed for parking without a sticker while Black.
Not sure I’ll risk it again. May go back to off-site parking, so I can spend more time on campus, walk further, without worrying about getting busted.
As Barbara had commented in a previous post, about what I’d see the kids doing or wearing, sure enough, I wasn’t even out of the parking lot when I spied what looked like unnecessary abuse of a stuffed animal.
The Halloween car seemed a fun idea.
I took note of what the kids were wearing on campus and, surprisingly, they were dressed like normal people their age — jeans, some with ripped knees, tees, shirts, jackets, no one trying to stand out by dressing ostentatiously. Everyone blending in.
Insofar as places to go for snacks, the students have a restaurant on campus, a Starbucks!, sushi place, pizza joint, Einstein Bagel shop, and probably more places I did not see.
I really miss bagels but, not able to digest wheat or flour, bread in any form is out of the question.
There’s even a daycare facility on campus.
All in all, it’s an interesting place to walk, while I train for the upcoming 5K.






0 Yorumlar