Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

What I am Thankful For-The Creepy Addition

Thanksgiving is a great time for food, family, and being grateful for the gifts they recieved in the last year. Well, for my family it was. For others I'm sure it was a great time for stress, burnt turkey, and your cousin coming out of the closet infront of your redneck Uncle Chuck.
But I digress.
I felt I had a few things to thank the horror genre for giving us and today is a good day to do so.

What Cins is Thankful for:

Clive Barker

Clive Friggin Barker, man. Currently he is my top favorite in my personal Trilogy of Terror (Clive Barker, Wes Craven, and John Carpenter) What sets Mr. Barker apart for me is his elegance in the horror genre. His movies have an elevated feel much akin to the Gothic horror films of the 50's and 60's. I like to call him the master of "Goo. His visuals always have this style of "Goo" to them that no other film maker can capture (much like the Stanley Kubrick boobies. Ever notice that every woman in a Kubrick film has the same type of boobies? Just me? Really?...Nevermind.). His gore is elegant. Seriously. No matter how graphic or gory his scenes become, there is a beauty of it that keeps me watching. I am not a gore hound, but I cannot get enough of Clive Barker gore. If you never seen a Barker film I highly recommend Hellraiser (a Classic), Candyman, and a hidden Gem, Nightbreed.
So thank you Mr. Barker, for giving us a little art with our horror.

Ellen Ripley

I'm thirty two years old...and I want to grow up to be Ellen Ripley.
Ripley was the first female character I ever saw in a SciFi/Horror film who a-did not have massive cleavage and b-survived off her wits and c-Kicked ASS! I'm sure Ripley was not the first but she was the BEST. I saw the first two Alien films in reverse. So when I experienced Ripley coming out in that power armor and demanding "Get Away From Her, You Bitch!" I stood up and shouted 'YES!! YES!!! I WANT TO BE THAT!!"
In retrospect it would he shitty to be Ripley. I rather not be constantly persued by Xenomorphs and subjected to Alien 3. But At the time? Yes. I would have been awesome.
So Thank you Ripley for showing the world that women can kick much ass.


Eli Roth's Thanksgiving
Okay, as a horror blog I felt obligated to post this on Thanksgiving. I think its an Internet law somewhere. I'm not a big fan of Eli Roth's films. I feel they're too much gore, too little heart. But man himself though? I love the guy. He clearly loves horror and has a wicked sense of humor. Example? Pancake boy from Cabin Fever. I have NO clue what that was about but I laughed for about 2 minutes after that.
So when Mr Roth created this hilarious trailer for Grindhouse, I fell a little in love with the bastard. I was eagerly awaiting his trailer movie Trailer Trash which was supposed to come out last August and didn't. I can't seem to find much information about it these days. Hopefully it hasn't been shelved.
Oh well, at least I still have Thanksgiving.
Thank you Eli Roth, for being a wicked little bastard.

Freddy In Space


No, I am NOT sucking up. I truly like this blog. A lot. Freddy In Space has not only inspired Stac and I to open up our wacky corner on the web but also is an endless source of movie reviews, trivia, and rare gems that I've never seen before. John is also a really great and friendly guy. He is always open to discussing movies or whatever on his blog or message board. So Go Read it! Now! Right now! I'll wait. Really.....
FreddyInSpace.BlogSpot.Com
...See? Wasn't That Fun?!
So Thank you John and Freddy In Space for inspiring our silly ramblings and weirdness. Also, thanks for not thinking I'm a stalker. Of course after this paragraph you may think I am now. Sorry about that.

I hope everyone has a great and happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the Turkey hangover tomorrow!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar