I stayed home sick from work today so I didn't do my normal 6AM post. Sorry about that everybody. Also I've been told that my blog was broken this morning so sorry to anyone who stopped by and found the comments all gone and no ability to post new ones. It did that to me last night as well.
I still intend to keep the blog going and will still be having Rachele Alpine from Freckle Head doing an awesome guest post on Friday, so be sure to come back then.
Anyway I'm still feeling a bit ill so I'm just going to talk briefly about the television we watched as a family last night.
American Idol:
This is my first seasons watching the show. I'll admit I get a little distracted but my daughters love it and I love them so I try to watch. That being said I'll give my opinion here:
My favorite contestant is Siobhan. She's not the most polished singer. She doesn't have the best stage presence. But her style is unique and I consider her voice to have the most potential. Her range is incredibly dynamic and her sound belts from all the way down at her diaphragm, reverberating across the room.
I realize Crystal Bowersox has to be the favorite right now and SHE IS good. Damn good. But she's a bit ... flat. I mean she sings her ass off and can play the hell out of the guitar but to be a star she needs something more unique that I feel is missing. I like her a lot and her performances have been very strong but...
I missed last week so when I heard Big Mike got saved I was like WTF!?! Dude is a great but not amazing singer but I love his personality SO much.
Otherwise Lee Dewyze has the coolest voice. Almost like Rob Thomas from Matchbox 20 singing "So Smooth". Anyone agree?
Glee:
This season's opener did not quite live up to the level of quality that last season brought to the table. But it still rocked.
Maybe it's because I was a nerdy D&D fencing club type of dude in HS, but Rachel is awesome! Sure she's the best singer and performer on the show, but it's her presence as an actress that grabs me. She's beautiful, yes, but she also (the character) is willing to be proud of who she is and not conform to the expectations of other students. That I like for my daughters to see.
The part I don't like is how she's so wishy washy about boys. I understand she's insecure and that does ring true for her character but it's a bad thing for them to see I think. Oh well at least it gives mom and me an excuse to talk to them about what kind of things they should be willing to put up with, see: not much.
Did anyone else notice that the opposing coach is basically a grown up Rachel? Physically? I hated her for a second and then she liked dropped this caring, honest, REAL knowledge on Mr. Shuster and I was like DAMN!
Anyway that's my two cents on it. I don't watch much TV besides sports myself but my kids love these shows and I have to admit I'm getting into them too.
Tomorrow it's back to bad queries and then don't forget to stop back by for Rachele Alpine's awesome successful query guest post on Friday.

0 Yorumlar