This is one of my all time favorite songs. Not only because it's so beautiful, but because of what it means to me. And even after twenty-five years, it still makes me feel the same way--to remember to live my dream, to push on and never let doubt, opinions, or minor failures stop me.
What ever your dream is--never give it up. Never settle for only a piece of sky.
It all began the day I found
that from my window I could only see
a piece of sky.
I stepped outside and looked around.
I never dreamed it was so wide
or even half as high.
The time had come to try my wings
and even though it seemed at any moment I could fall.
I felt the most amazing things.
The things you can't imagine if you've never flown at all.
Though it's safer to stay on the ground
Sometimes where danger lies
the sweetest of treasures are found.
No matter where I go
there'll be memories that tug at my sleeve,
but there will also be more to question
yet more to believe.
Oh, tell me where,
Where is it written what it is I'm meant to be?
The more I live. The more I learn.
The more I learn, the more I realize
the less I know.
Each step I take. Each page I turn.
Each mile I travel only means
the more I have to go.
What wrong with wanting more?
If you can fly, then soar!
With all there is . . . why settle for
just a piece of sky?
Papa, I can hear you.
Papa, I can see you.
Papa, I can feel you.
Papa, watch me fly!


0 Yorumlar