So, that is 2019 done and dusted - not a year that will stand out as being brilliant or dreadful, just a year that happened. Quite a damning moniker that - 'just a year that happened'.
I am looking forward to 2020 and hope that she is a year of sparks and joy, a year of uplift and laughter, a year of positivity (the natural variety rather than the forced kind). On the whole, 2020 - you have a lot to live up to and I shall be holding you to account!
The house, at the moment, is quiet despite it being full of folk. So I thought I'd take a moment for myself with a mug of tea and a freshly washed dog (in recovery mode as she is not keen on a 'shampoo and set').
The air is full of the scent of just opened hyacinths and tiny yellow tete a tete daffodils and despite the dankness and dullness of outside, the fire and the salt lamp are both glowing a most warming and heartening colour.
The festive decorations were away by lunch time on the 1st January - feels good to remove the fripperies and clutter.
We walked out on new year's day - it was a particularly pretty one, the sun shone, the air was crisp and clear. Just a family pootle along the canal and back with the reward of tea and cake before returning. It felt like a good start.


0 Yorumlar